The new cathedral, dedicated to the Holy Great Martyr George, was built in 1819 on donation of monastery’s brethren Philotheus. This temple is the largest on Mount Athos, with a beautifully designed iconostasis of colored marble. Next to it stands the first cathedral with the chapel of St. Demetrius. Considered that is the most ancient temple of the monastery. Besides these two temples, the cathedral also has nineteen churches and chapels, a cell in Kara and a Skete of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin.
In the monastery there are two miraculous icons – the Mother of God “Odigitria” and St. George, as well as the relics of the holy Great Martyr George, the apostles Barnabas and Philip, St. Stephen, St. Arcadius (the son of the founder) and other saints. Among the shrines of the monastery is also the icon of the Transfiguration of the Lord, made of wax, mosaic icons of the X-XI centuries. St. George and St. Demetrius.
In the monastery are also preserved the Vain tree, the right hand of Saint Marina, part of the relics of St. George, the right hand of St. Cyric, part of the face of St. Stephen, the face of St. Tryphon, the lower jaws of the Holy Apostles Barnabas and Philip, and others.
The library of the monastery is very rich in ancient manuscripts.
The Skete of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin is an hour’s walk to the east of the monastery of Xenophon. It was founded by the elder monk Sylvester and the elders Agapius and Ephraim in 1766. In the early XX century, thanks to the gift of a rich Russian monk Ioannikii, Skete’s fathers demolished a dilapidated nave. The icons of the Skete temple – St. George and Dimitry were written in the XVIII century by Constantine and Athanasius from Koritsa.
In the monastery are the relics of many Saints: Ambrose, Bishop of Mediolan, Saint Marina, Saint Modest, Cyprian, Cosmas and Holy Fathers, the blood of Saint Demetrious and others.
Now there are thirty-five monks. About sixty people work in the monastery and on its territories.